Reimbursement will be made ONLY when the following conditions are met:
- The crime was committed in Idaho.
- The sexual assault examination was performed at a licensed medical facility and by a practitioner who has been trained to gather the forensic evidence.
- The Sexual Assault Forensic Examination Reimbursement form must be signed by the victim, parent, or legal guardian of a minor victim.
- Adult (age 18 years and over): For examinations on or after July 1, 2018, private insurance should not be billed for the sexual assault forensic examination. Payments by all federal or federally-financed third parties (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, VA Benefits) shall continue to be required prior to CVCP payment.
- Minor (age 17 and under): All third-party payment sources must pay prior to the CVCP payment. Examples of these sources include: private health insurance, Medicaid, Indian Health Services, VA Benefits, and any other source that provides payment for medical services.
- Billing documentation requirements can be found here. Adult SAE Billing Checklist | Minor SAE Billing Checklist
- Sexual Assault Examinations will be reimbursed based on rates established under the CVCP Medical Fee Schedule.
- Victims should not be billed for the cost of the exam.
If you have further questions, contact the claims department.